I AM

“God said to Moses, ‘I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites. I AM has sent me to you.” 
Exodus 3:14
“I AM.” This was the name that the Maker of Heaven and the ingenious Designer of the universe gave to Moses. I AM.  But that’s not even a name! You are what, God? He just simply tells us not to be afraid. Why? Because “I AM.” It’s almost frustrating, isn’t it? Here we are, almost yelling out at God in confusion. The season we are moving through is exceptional. We don’t know what’s next. We feel lost. Like Moses, we feel utterly deficient and just…not enough. Not eloquent enough. Not emotionally strong enough. Not focused enough. Just to the hopeless point of not enough. God says, “I AM.” Our most understanding Father wipes our tears from our eyes on those sleepless nights and assures us that He knows. He knows our hurting groans. He says, “I AM your Comforter. I AM your Strength. I AM your words. I AM your direction. You’re not meant to carry this. I AM.” Realize the blessed provision and love of your Maker. You are not your own savior. “I AM.”

Comments

Popular Posts